With each update to the iPhone, users complain about having more problems with their battery life. On social media, it is common to see Apple product owners complain about their devices draining faster than usual, especially those that updated to the latest iOS 10.1.
News has it that there are bugs and fixes in the works to help customers get more life out of their products for longer periods of time. In the meantime, there are certain hacks and simple things that one can do to extend the battery life.
The folks at iPhoneLife.com came up with about 10 solutions that may help your problem. Let’s start with these:
Turn Off Raise to Wake on iPhone
If you have an iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 7 you also have Raise to Wake turned on by default with iOS 10.3 or later. This might be part of your problem, especially if you pick up your iPhone a lot or walk with it swinging in your hand. That iPhone screen constantly turning on will definitely drain your battery unsuspectingly. To turn off Raise to Wake on iPhone:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Display & Brightness.
- Find Raise to Wake and toggle it off.
Update All Apps Available to Update
- When Apple releases a new iOS update, developers have to play catch-up too. That’s why there’s a beta version of iOS for developers—so that they can prepare and optimize their apps for the latest and greatest operating system. If you don’t automatically update your apps on iPhone, taking the time to update all the available apps could seriously help with iPhone battery drain. This is due to the fact that developers are in the early fazes of releasing the latest versions of their apps that are prepared to work with iOS 11. To update your apps:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap Updates at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Update All in the upper right corner.
Continue to iPhoneLife.com to see the other tips
Another quick fix is to invest in a portable bank.
A best seller at Amazon.com is the Anker PowerCore 10,000 which is one of the smallest and mightest 10000mAh External batteries around and it can be used with iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and Android devices. It’s also almost half off. Now $25.99. Down from $49.99
Another great option is to invest in a Mophie juice pack wireless. This is a great way to combine a charger with a carrier. You can add some more battery life to a draining phone with a flick of a switch in its case. You can get it for about 20% off, from $66 to $76 dollars down from $99 depending on the color selection.